[Samba] Is print-serving this easy? Also, Sol8 compile problem

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Nov 18 19:24:30 GMT 2003

I plan to install Samba 3 on a Solaris 8 server in order to publish some local queues to a few Windows users -- but no file sharing.
   Is it as simple as configure; make; make install and then share out a few queues? I'd like to add password protection to these pinters, but I can't decide on whether to hand off all authentication to our Active Directory server or just to use one shared (d'oh!) password per printer. (It's really just to defeat casual users, and people who send a print job by mistake.)
   That leads me to my second question: I read through the new book, and I believe that my boss will want us to use winbind to authenticate users against our AD server. But when I try to compile Samba 3.0.1pre3, with either or both of the --with-pam and/or --with-winbind options, I get this: