[Samba] samba3.0.0 make install problems makes sambadir/lib a file not directory

David Stine dstine at ycp.edu
Tue Nov 18 18:37:12 GMT 2003

I am running Solaris 9 and compiled samba3.0.0 without errors.  When I do a
make and then make install it seems to install everything in the --prefix I
compiled with (ie: /usr/local/samba3)  but when I go the install directory
the lib directory is a file NOT a directory llike it should be.  Has anyone
else had this issue or have any suggestions?  since sambadir/lib is a file I
don't have a place to put the smb.conf or netlogon folder for logon scripts.

Thanks in advance.

David Stine