[Samba] Failing Authentication

Jerry Haltom jhaltom at feedbackplusinc.com
Tue Nov 18 18:03:53 GMT 2003

I am running Samba on a box serving a network of 30 clients, and 2 MS
SQL 2000 servers. The SQL servers are members of the domain, and use NT
authentication for connections and such.

For the most part, this works fine.

However, it seems that every now and then, pretty randomlly, NT
authentication is failing for these services. Errors returned are pretty
typical of DC-not-working problems:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection.
(Source: GREG (Data source); Error number: 18452)
------------------------------------

Pretty much, restarting the services that run as domain users just fixes
it up, for the time being.

I suspect Samba isn't performing up to par... refusing connections, or
something. But I also don't see anything useful in the logs. But I could
be logging wrong.

So, anybody have any ideas on the problem, or simply what log level
settings I could use to obtain useful information?

Thanks!

--=20
Jerry Haltom <jhaltom at feedbackplusinc.com>
Feedback Plus, Inc.