[Samba] smbtools, existing users, etc...

SEFEROVIC Edvin edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Tue Nov 18 12:13:59 GMT 2003

Hello.

I followed your discussion about smbtools etc. Now I would like to hear some
concrete answers about them. I have my existing users in LDAP ( posixAccount
schema ), and now I installed samba 3.0.0 and want to store samba user
accounts in LDAP too. I included samba.schema.

Is it possible to add samba part of user account to the already existing
user account in LDAP?

If yes, how do I add the samba part? After I include samba.schema in my LDAP
server, it wont start anymore because of missing SID ( uid is already
present through posixAccount ), can anyone help me on this??

Has anyone ideas how to add the samba part of user account with already
existing user database?

What if my user changes his password ( by using a web php-backend ), is
samba password automatically changed, or do I have to change it manually?

TIA

Edvin SEFEROVIC