[Samba] Need mount -t smbfs to be world/group writable & not only root

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Nov 18 09:24:34 GMT 2003

Hi,

	Need some pointers.

Currently using

mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,pasword=xxx //servername/sharename /mnt/share

Since I can only mount as root, (not in /etc/fstab)

sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,pasword=xxx //servername/sharename
/mnt/share

Problem here is.. I can't get group or world writeable permission on the
share. It's a NTFS share but that is not a problem. I can write/read fine
using root.

What is the correct way to parse it to mount / smbmount to enable
world/group writable? This is a home machine. No I-net. I don't care about
the permissions.

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate