[Samba] Caracteres ñ á é ó ú en archives names not are reading

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 17 20:26:07 GMT 2003

A translation, for anyone who knows the answer ...

We've migrated from Samba 2.x to version 3 and have a problem wherein
Windows clients can't see files that contain the characters ñ, á, é, í,
ó, or ú.  This is a serious problem because we have a lot of files
containing these letters.

Is there any way to solve this?

José Gómez C. wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> escribo en español.. si hubiera alguien que entienda y pueda ayudarme.. le agradecería.
>
> He migrado de la Ver. 2.x xxx a la version 3 y tengo el problema que en windows, no se puede leer los archivos que tienen en su nombre los caracteres ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú
> Por lo que causa un grave problema... hay demasiados archivos con esas letras.
>
> Hay alguna forma de solucionar el problema???
>

> Jose Gómez C.
> jgomezc at maxuhle.edu.pe

Any information, including protected health information (PHI), transmitted
in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and or
exempt from disclosure under applicable Federal or State law. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon, protected health information (PHI) by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.