[Samba] User Data / Profiles / Permission / Mappings Loss from Samba to Samba Migration

Fanying Jen fanying.jen at lillecorp.com
Mon Nov 17 18:07:08 GMT 2003

We have completed a migration from one Samba server to another Samba.
The versions and binaries are exactly the same. The only difference
between the two configs is that the original Samba server used LDAP for
authentication and the new Samba server uses the flat files for
authentication (smbpasswd file).

Here is the problem: On a Windows 2000 file server, we have folder
shares.  Users can log on via Samba, but permissions to the shared
folders are all screwed up.  When I review the permissions in the
sharing tab on the 2000 server I noticed that none of the user names are
listed, just some sort of serial number (e.g. S-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx).
--
Fanying Jen <fanying.jen at lillecorp.com>
Lille Corp