[Samba] smbldap tools

Aaron Smith aaron at pandora-net.com
Mon Nov 17 15:01:17 GMT 2003

Ahhh...but what if the posixAccount already exists?  This is the issue
I've run in to.  I migrated my /etc/passwd accounts to LDAP and am now
attempting to add sambaSAMAccount information to those accounts.  If I
try to run 'smbldap-useradd.pl -a ExistingPosixUser', I get an error
saying that the user already exists.....

I suppose I could delete the user and then recreate it with the above
command line, but that shouldn't be necessary (in my eyes at least).

A second question.  I'd like to have the NTpasswords (for samba) and the
posix passwords ( for Unix logins and such) be different.  How do I
accomplish that?  Can smbpasswd be used (once the sambaSAMAccount
portion is created) be used to change ONLY the smb password and
smbldap-passwd.pl be used to change ONLY the unix posix password?

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 06:52, Jérôme Tournier wrote:
> Of course, you can create the account in a shell (with both the
> posixAccount and the sambaSAMAccount) using the command
> 'smbldap-useradd.pl -a user'.
> --
> Jérôme
"The pain of war could not exceed, the woe
	of aftermath.
The drums will shake the castle walls
The ringwraiths ride in black...."
	-Led Zeppelin "The Battle of Evermoore"