[Samba] Re: The boss will discharge me, I spoiled the system. HELP!

Ferretero Herraduras Clavo fer_lista_correo at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 17 13:30:40 GMT 2003

hello Brett and thanks for your help,
I've run  the smbpasswd:

[strike:root]smbpasswd
New SMB password: *****
Retype new SMB password: *****
Failed to find entry for user root.
Failed to modify password entry for user root.
[strike:root]

 and I don't notice anything. I always worked like root. We are two workers only.

Ferretero

Brett Maton <brett.maton at itaccounting.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Ferretero,

You should only need to reconfigure the smb.conf file, you may also need
to recreate the smbpasswd file

Brett

"Ferretero Herraduras Clavo" wrote in message
news:20031117122547.71255.qmail at web25205.mail.ukl.yahoo.com...
I have a mixture network with WinXP machines and IRIX (UNIX of Silicon
Graphics) machines. In the machine with IRIX (O2) there was an old version
of samba. It worked well.
But recently I've downloaded. I installed this new version, and I spoiled
the system. Now I don't know if I have to reconfigure the smb.conf only or
if I have to install more pakages or if I have to reconfigure several
files... CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

Ferretero