[Samba] smbldap tools

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Nov 17 11:07:55 GMT 2003

> |Yes you can, but without the -a option:
> |add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -m "%u"
> The only difference here is that it creates the home directory but still
> posixAccount.
> This makes creating a new user a 2 step:
> 1-smbldap-useradd.pl
> 2- smbpasswd

Are you using it in smb.conf add user script or not?  If so what does
smbpasswd have to do with anything?

1. Create the posixAccount object (the purpose of smbldap-useradd).
2. *SAMBA* will create the sambaSamAccount attributes on the relevant
posixAccount.

> also I get an error "/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl: group "513"
> doesn't exist" which I don not understand

You created a posixAccount with a gidNumber of 513 perhaps?  And there
is no posixGroup with a gidNumber of 513?