[Samba] PDC/BDC with ldap: variable possible in sambaProfilePath / sambaHomePath?

mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de
Mon Nov 17 07:57:37 GMT 2003

Hi,
I have a working PDC and a BDC, both samba 3.0.1pre3 (better than ever).
I have the master ldap on the PDC, BDC is slave. Thus, both directories
are to be identical, I think.
I have the sambaHomePath and the sambaProfilePath in every user entry, as
I tried to balance profiles between two servers for the sake of some more
network speed (100MBit each server).
Now I came to a point where I found that some redundancy is better than
speed ;-) and would like to asks others whether it is a foolish idea not
to define the home and profile path in smb.conf or if the BDC should have
it's own ldap source so entries differ.
Comments welcome,

Malte Mueller

Maybe important: SuSE9, Openldap 2.1.12/2.1.22, ~1500 users, ~200PC
(NT4/W2k).