[Samba] Microsoft Word *.dot files / Samba

Ad Koster lidad at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Nov 16 12:38:10 GMT 2003

Currently we are replacing some of our W2K-servers by Samba (2.2.8 /
RedHat 9.0).

On one of our shares which is accessible by multiple users at the same
time we put some *.dot (=Microsoft Word) macro's.

However we are experiencing some annoying problems with theses
*.dot-files. When a particular macro is started by a Windows-client a
~.dot file is created causing problems to other clients to load this
macro.

We already added "veto oplock files = /.dot" but this not solve all of
our problems.

The ~.dot files are NOT created when using the macro's on W2K-servers.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem ?

Thanks

Ad Koster
lidad at zeelandnet.nl