[Samba] Login after join domain fails

Kent L. Nasveschuk kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
Sat Nov 15 23:22:45 GMT 2003

Hello,

Samba 3.0.0/LDAP 2.1.23 RedHat 8.0

After wrestling with the probelem of attempting to join a W2K computer
to domain I finally succeded only to run into another problem.

First I was not able to use user "administrator" as samba admin alias
root to join computers to domain.I needed to create user "root" in LDAP
with:

uid=root
uidNumber=0
gidNumber=0
sambaSID=S-1...1000
sambaPrimaryGroup=S-1...1001

Then I was able to join to domain. When I reboot I get an error message
when trying to login:

error 3221356590

I can't login with any account, same message. An account must be used,
I'm assuming "nobody", through the network to create authentication
tokens so that any user that logs in with a valid login name in LDAP
will be able to login on this machine.The machine must authenticate
first prior to the user.

Anyone have this problem before. Could use some insite into where to
look to fix this problem.

--
Kent
nasve525 at regis.edu
kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
W 508 291-3510 X122
C 508 317-2755

"OpenOffice.org ... Stops Word macro viruses DEAD!"
"Postgresql.org ... Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster"
"Technology is legislation - C. Einfeldt on OO.o discuss list"