[Samba] 'Account disabled due to email bouncing' madness

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Fri Nov 14 21:29:53 GMT 2003

You should really change this behavior and drop the viruses instead.
Viruses almost always forge their sending address, so you're only making
things worse by bouncing them.  Most of the email traffic I got as a result
of the most recent virus wasn't viruses itself, it was bounce messages from
badly configured anti-virus systems in response to viruses that had been
sent with my address forged on the From line.  I don't have a virus and
there's absolutely *nothing* I can do to find out where the actual infection
is that's forging my address!  It really annoys me that these anti-virus
programs insist on trying to notify me anyway.