[Samba] freebsd and winbind

Aaron Collins Hellfire at fastq.com
Fri Nov 14 19:00:30 GMT 2003

I've been working for a couple days to get NSSwitch to work under
FREEBSD, and what I'm noticing from the winbind debug info is that when
it trys to create the user map, it passes the username but not the
group.  I believe this is why it is failing.  Can someone tell me is
this is a bug, or config issue?

[32589]: request interface version
[32589]: request location of privileged pipe
[32589]: ping
[32589]: pam auth crap domain: TECH user: acollins
Connected to LDAP server 140.198.45.130
got ldap server name gargoyle at TECH.GC.MARICOPA.EDU, using bind path:
dc=TECH,dc=GC,dc=MARICOPA,dc=EDU
IPC$ connections done by user TECH\testuser
Connecting to host=GARGOYLE
Connecting to 140.198.45.130 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=118)
got OID=1 2 840 48018 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2 3
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=gargoyle$@TECH.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Doing kerberos session setup
[32589]: create_user: user=>(acollins), group=>()