UPDT: [Samba] Samba PDC on RH9 w/ W2k SP4 Client.

Emannuel Silva emsilva at eml.cc
Fri Nov 14 13:59:20 GMT 2003

Hi rruegnet,

  First of all, thank you for your response.

  There is no firewall on our network. My iptables configurations is also
  clean as you can see:

  [root at adilnx02 root]# iptables -L
  Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

  Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

  Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

  "You can switch out for testing to dns errors if you make hosts entries
  for both systems"

  Sorry, I was unable to understand this sentence... could you please be
  a little more specific?

  Regarding the version I am using at this moment:

  [root at adilnx02 root]# smbd -V
  Version 3.0.1pre2

  I updated from 3.0.0 which before was 2.2.8 (Neither was connecting)
  and this line remained. Anyway, I have the machine account created
  manually, so I don't think it could be the problem.. right?

Thank you again,
Regards,

  Emannuel Silva