[Samba] Backup from Linux onto Win2K-share

Carsten.Loeffler at command.de Carsten.Loeffler at command.de
Fri Nov 14 12:35:54 GMT 2003

2003. november 14. 12.35 dátummal Stefan G. Weichinger ezt írta:
> Guten Tag CarstendotLoeffler at commanddotde,
>
> am Freitag, 14. November 2003 um 11:08 schrieben Sie:
>
> CLcd> Hi.
>
> CLcd> I'm running Kernel 2.4.19 and Samba 2.2.5.
>
> CLcd> I'm in need to do a backup out of big SAPDB database (60 GB)
> CLcd> onto a share on a Win2K-box (all my databases have to backup
> CLcd> onto this w2K-box where they get saved on tape).
>
> CLcd> This works fine as long as it comes to 2 GB. Than it stops with
> CLcd> the message "file size exceeded". Obviously there is a file size
> limit CLcd> somewhere in Samba.
>
> CLcd> How can I get rid of it? I've tried to use a different kernel
> (2.4.22) CLcd> and I compiled as well as new Samba 3.0.1 from source (on
> CLcd> different machine). But I still have the problem. Whats wrong?
>
> CLcd> (PS: NFS has a limit as well; 4 GB. But I need "unlimited" sizes)
>
> Seems like you hit the limit of the filesystem on the w2k-box.
> Not that of Samba.
>
> regards,
> Stefan G. Weichinger
> mailto:monitor at oopsdotcodotat

- I also think that Stefan.
- May you use FAT32 on w2k?
-
- --
-
- attiko

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

I'm using NTFS (its a Win 2000 Advanced Server with ~ 1 TB Harddrive)
because of security.

I'm backing upwith SAP DB from a Windows-server to Windows-server without
any of this problems. All other servers (except Linux) can backup tons
of Gigabyte (the largest one is 120 GB) to that Windows-2000.

I only have this problem with my Linux boxes. And I can resolve on any
other Linux box running any distribution (Mandrake, RedHat, Suse ...).

Regards,
Carsten Löffler

 This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
  Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
  disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not
  the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents, please
  notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all its
  attachments subsequently.

  command ag