[Samba] Difference between versions and compatibility for Cobalt RaQ2

jl at saadi-luedemann.de jl at saadi-luedemann.de
Fri Nov 14 12:30:14 GMT 2003

I want to use my old Cobalt RaQ2 as a file server with Samba. It looks
like there is Linux Kernel 2.0 installed and Samba 1.9 is running. I
cannot get or compile a newer kernel, but I can compile software on the
RaQ2.

I have a bunch of questions:
- should I use a newer version of Samba? What will it be good for?
- which version should I use?
- will it run on the RaQ2 or are there any known limitations?
- can I get documentation for older Samba version besides the man-pages?

- Has anyone used Samba on RaQ2?
- Has anyone used CVS on RaQ2???

Looking forward for your answers:
Joerg Luedemann jl-at-saadi-dash-luedemann-dot-de