[Samba] Backup from Linux onto Win2K-share

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Fri Nov 14 11:35:54 GMT 2003

Guten Tag Carsten.Loeffler at command.de,

am Freitag, 14. November 2003 um 11:08 schrieben Sie:

CLcd> Hi.

CLcd> I'm running Kernel 2.4.19 and Samba 2.2.5.

CLcd> I'm in need to do a backup out of big SAPDB database (60 GB)
CLcd> onto a share on a Win2K-box (all my databases have to backup
CLcd> onto this w2K-box where they get saved on tape).

CLcd> This works fine as long as it comes to 2 GB. Than it stops with
CLcd> the message "file size exceeded". Obviously there is a file size limit
CLcd> somewhere in Samba.

CLcd> How can I get rid of it? I've tried to use a different kernel (2.4.22)
CLcd> and I compiled as well as new Samba 3.0.1 from source (on a
CLcd> different machine). But I still have the problem. Whats wrong?

CLcd> (PS: NFS has a limit as well; 4 GB. But I need "unlimited" sizes)

Seems like you hit the limit of the filesystem on the w2k-box.
Not that of Samba.

regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at