[Samba] re:smbprint problem

Rishard Baderoon rbaderoon at faritec.com
Fri Nov 14 08:51:28 GMT 2003

Hi

I am running samba 2.0.6 on AIX server with  pick database,i use the smbprint function for my users in different location more on a national basis for printing ,i had to change our entire ip range to a new range which included adding a firewall ,since i did that my samba printing doesnt work anymore.can any help with some ideas,is there a port that needs to be open,this is the error message i get if one of my national clients prints
Fri Nov 14 09:10:55 USAST 2003
hwo /var/spool/qdaemon/tbr7Sqa
server hwo, service hwhp, user root, tranlate TRUE
added interface ip=192.168.0.1 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Domain=[DP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.7-security-rollup-fix]
tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share nam
e)

thanks

DISCLAIMER:
This message may contain information which is confidential, private or privileged in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is attached to this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter return and/or destroy the original message.

Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the sender specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Holdings)  Limited (Faritec) and/or  any of its subsidiaries including (but not limited to) Faritec Enterprise Solutions (Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Strategic IT Services (Proprietary) Limited, Faritec Contracting (Proprietary) Limited, Ebis and/or any of its subsidiaries.

Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses and the like. While we do everything possible to protect information from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from the access and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this e-mail message.