[Samba] which ports need to be open to use an NT password authentication server

sdani45 at eq.edu.au sdani45 at eq.edu.au
Fri Nov 14 04:26:48 GMT 2003

Hi,
I am mapping drives to a samba machine during logon.
Samba authenticates through the machine users are loggin on to.
This work fine with no firewall, but introduce it and I get nothing.

I've been playing with this all day.

if I disable the firewall, map the drive and then enable the firewall i can use the drive fine.

I am allowing TCP and UDP on 137
TCP on 139 and 445

I am getting UDP packets from the server originating from source ports 137 and 67 that connect to ports above 32909

I tried allowign them and then I tried allowing all packets from the server.

Still nothing

any ideas?