[Samba] cvs samba-docs missing configure and makefile

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Nov 13 16:01:38 GMT 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Hendrik wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got the repository samba-docs from pserver.samba.org.
> I want to make the html files out of the docbook tree.
>
> Please help, what have I to do to convert the existing docbook tree to
> for example html.

Here is a posting from one of the team members recently:

he current docs are building out of cvs now once a
day on samba.or (see ~samba-bugs/bin/build_docs)

Here's the RPMS that I had to install to get it working....

~  Omni-0.5.1-3.i386.rpm
~  VFlib2-2.25.6-4.i386.rpm
~  docbook-dtds-1.0-22.1.noarch.rpm
~  docbook-style-dsssl-1.78-2.noarch.rpm
~  docbook-style-xsl-1.61.2-2.1.noarch.rpm
~  docbook-style-xsl-db2latex-0.7pre3-1.noarch.rpm
~  docbook-utils-0.6.13-7.noarch.rpm
~  docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.13-7.noarch.rpm
~  ghostscript-6.52-8.i386.rpm
~  ghostscript-fonts-5.50-3.noarch.rpm
~  libxml2-2.5.11-1.i386.rpm
~  libxml2-devel-2.5.11-1.i386.rpm
~  libxml2-python-2.5.11-1.i386.rpm
~  libxslt-1.0.33-2.i386.rpm
~  libxslt-devel-1.0.33-2.i386.rpm
~  libxslt-python-1.0.33-2.i386.rpm
~  netpbm-9.24-3.i386.rpm
~  netpbm-progs-9.24-3.i386.rpm
~  passivetex-1.21-2.noarch.rpm
~  ttfonts-1.0-9.noarch.rpm
~  urw-fonts-2.0-17.noarch.rpm
~  xml-common-0.6.3-14.noarch.rpm
~  xmltex-20000118-13.noarch.rpm
~  xmlto-0.0.12-3.i386.rpm

When you have all these installed, you need to change into the
samba-docs/docbook directory, then run 'autoconf', then 'make html'

This is not trivial. You can obtain updated documentation from the Samba
Web site. It is now generated every day.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org