[Samba] problem authenticating win xp machine

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 13 15:00:51 GMT 2003

David,

Thanks for the info.  While XP is currently absent from the domain I'll
hold on to this and give it a try next time it comes up.  Perhaps the
problem was related to the multiple subnets we (temprarily) have on our
network - I had fixed this by using an Lmhosts file on the XP machine
and using the nbtstat command to reset the machine.

Thanks again,
Ed