[Samba] ODD PAM ERROR

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Nov 13 03:18:55 GMT 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Brandon Lederer wrote:

> I Have a "nobody" account.  However I didn't have that line in there, or
> rather it was commented out.  So, I uncommented it, restarted samba and
> winbind to no avail.  No luck with the magic crystal this time.  So that
> we have a clear distinct crystal, I will paste my smb.conf file.  My bad.
> Comments removed.

Ok. Much better info this time! :)

You are configured to be a domain member, therefor you do not need tdbsam.
Also, since you are not doing local authentication you should not specify
"obey pam restrictions". Both "password chat" and "passwd bprogram" are
not relevant for a Domain Member.

So, comment out the lines above and it should work.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra