[Samba] Best way for exchange?

Allen Bolderoff allen at gist.net.au
Wed Nov 12 22:36:00 GMT 2003

I have been asked to set up a customer with Exchange 2000.

I have tried to convert them, so please don't suggest it.

We have 3 boxes we can use to do this with.

We want to use Samba 3 as the PDC (ldap backend) and Samba 3 as BDC (ldap
backend), with the exchange box as a domain member.

Will this work?

If not, what is the best way to ensure that :
a.	We have PDC and BDC for authentication purposes.
b.	Exchange server works as it should, authentication being from said
PDC or BDC.
c.	File serving at minimum should be from Samba

Do I understand right that ES2k needs AD? If so, does this mean I have to
run 2 x W2k servers in order to achieve this? (1 w2k PDC and 1 w2k BDC)

Is there any way to do it, or is anyone doing it with samba as the PDC and
BDC?

TIA

Allen