[Samba] Samba 3.0 PDC, machine needs to be added?

samba at con3.org samba at con3.org
Wed Nov 12 16:08:41 GMT 2003

Hi!

I tried to find an answer to this question but failed to do so.

Do you have to use the "add machine script" while using LDAP or should Samba
add the machine by itself? My samba fails to do so and if I use the add
machine script I need to add a new computer (w2k) to the domain twice. The
first time it adds the computer to LDAP but fails with "Unknown username or
password" or something similar and the second time it works fine.

I am really troubled with this, because I have tried everything.

Some other questions:
 - Do you need the Sign or Seal registry patch with samba 3?
 - Does samba 3 support ACLs so I could add different permissions for 10
different groups to one file/folder or is the samba-ACL support only for
viewing / changing original permissions?
 - Can a group be a member of another group (like in windows)?

 --
Pirkka