[Samba] problem authenticating win xp machine

kyle kyle at navegalia.com
Wed Nov 12 13:52:41 GMT 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:08:07 +0200
Bart Bekker wrote:

> Sounds like a typical misstake; did you apply the signorseal patch in
> the windows xp registry?
>
> from the how-to I quote:
>
> To join a Samba Domain, you will need to first make the following
> changes to your registry and reboot:
>
>     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parame
>     ters]
>
>     "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
>     "signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000

yep, already did this... :-)

I am successfully welcome on the domain when I change form workgroup
(previous setting) to the domain Domaula (using the root account).

The odd thing is I get this error :

[2003/11/12 12:41:25, 2] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(309)
  check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [] -> [] FAILED with error
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

there should be an user name on "Authentication for user [FOO]", shouldn't
it? :-)

(Bart, watch out that you answered me directly, and did not include the
samba list :-) tnx! )

--
Window$ Macht Frei!