[Samba] samba 2.2.8 and win2k/tse

patrick foure pfoure at imaginet.fr
Wed Nov 12 11:44:52 GMT 2003

using password server authentication .

Details:
We have samba 2.2.8a on Sun Solaris , connected with an w2k/tse .
Samba has been configured to check user/password using an "password
server" on the network ( Domain PDC ) .
When the first user connect to the win2k/tse all network shares are ok .
But when other users connect on win2k/tse , authentication are refused
,  samba says : password server rejected the  password .
Nothing seem to be exchange between samba and PDC .
If we put login/password in the /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd file
coonection can be made , network shares are OK .

Does we need to configure something " special " for win2K/tse samba
clients ?

Thanks for any help .

Regards