[Samba] FreeBSD and Samba Windbind questions

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at ims-tpa.com
Wed Nov 12 02:50:39 GMT 2003

Thank You, It appears the Port maintained hasn't updated the Makefile

What about --with-utemp?

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 03:50, flatfendercj2a at netscape.net wrote:

> 5.What is the differnce between *with winbind and
>    *with winbind-auth-challenge?

This is only an option in Samba 2.2, not 3.0, and controlled exposure of
an interface to winbind that could be argued as a security hole - if you
squinted right.  That is, it was something we didn't want to enable on
all systems - just on systems that needed it for squid interoperability.

In Samba 3.0, we fixed it by implementing an ACL mechanism, so we didn't
need to make it a compile-time on-or-off.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net