[Samba] ntlm_auth and squid authentication problems

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 11 22:25:19 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 00:58, Lombardo Federico wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a little problem using ntlm_auth with squid.
>
> Scenario: Redhat 9, Samba 3 compiled, squid-2.5 compiled.

> utils/ntlm_auth.c:manage_squid_ntlmssp_request(325)
>   NTLMSSP NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I'm working to make this easier to debug, and better documented.

You need to change the group ownership of the directory
'winbind_privileged_pipe_dir' in your LOCKDIR. (possibly
/var/lock/samba)

If you make that group owned by squid, it can then get to the 'special
things' that NTLMSSP authentication needs.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net