[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.0 - LDAP Authetication trouble

Carl Weiss trash at carlweiss.com
Tue Nov 11 17:14:49 GMT 2003

If this solved you problem is sounds like your not really authenticating to
LDAP and just using the smbpassdb file, although it can read from LDAP it
may not be using it for Authentication.

Verify that you are using LDAP for authentication, you can run Authconfig in
redhat, otherwise you'll have to check you PAM. To test simply you can try
to login with your user Bart at the console( verify that the account isn't
in /etc/password).

Is the Bart account is the first user you created SID xxxxx3000 this is the
default first user, if all your accounts have this same sid they will not
authenticate. Points to an issue with the script smbldap-useradd.pl not
incrementing the sid, may also point to the above PAM problem.

-=carl=-