[Samba] problem with workgroup and inetd

Linda Strefford linda at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 14:58:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following problems?
 I have samba-3.0.0 running on a Solaris 9 server.

1. I would like to change the workgroup name. I've modified the line in
smb.conf. Then send a HUP signal to inetd.conf. This seems to have no
effect on the workgroup name. Am I missing something?

2. Every 10 minutes or so I get the following message on the console

inetd[247]:  [ID 667328 daemon.error] netbios-ns/udp server failing
(looping), service terminated.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Linda