[Samba] Re: novice level question

Kent L. Nasveschuk kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
Mon Nov 10 23:10:08 GMT 2003

I can't speak about whether or not this is a good practice, but I
recently removed an intermediate organization from my LDAP tree. It was
great as a logical entity but in practice it added an another layer to
an already complex structure.

I've had a great deal of experience with Novell that allows many layers
to a directory structure through NDS. It can become very confusing to
the average user about where they reside in the directory structure.
Keep it as simple as possible.

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 17:11, Shekhar Ayyappan wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have recently been playing around with directory servers.
>
> My quick question of the day is as follows.
>
> I have a directory  installed  whose root points to o=xyz
>

> So for a user the dn is
>

> cn=user1,ou=users,o=xyz
>

> is this a good practice??? Is it ok to omit the c=nz???
>
> I am not goin to hook my directory onto the internet, this is for my
> private disposal..
>
> Any thoughts guys???
>

> Cheers and thnx in advance.
>
> shekhar

> This email message and attachments are confidential to our
> organisation and subject to legal privilege.  If you have received
> this email in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy
> the message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient
> you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any
> action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of this message or
> attachments is prohibited.  You can read our Privacy Policy here:
> www.asbbank.co.nz/privacystatement.stm
Kent
nasve525 at regis.edu
kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
W 508 291-3510 X122
C 508 317-2755

"OpenOffice.org ... Stops Word macro viruses DEAD!"
"Postgresql.org ... Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster"
"Technology is legislation - C. Einfeldt on OO.o discuss list"