[Samba] Backing up Samba

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Mon Nov 10 22:49:03 GMT 2003

Hi, Jamrock,

10. November 2003, 03:04 you wrote:

J> The Samba 3.0 documentation does not have information on backing up data on
J> a Samba domain.

J> Please let me know how you are backing up data in your production
J> environment.

J> Thanks.

One way to backup data in a mixed NT/Samba-network is AMANDA.

ItŽs a good way to backup data without having headaches all the
time.

It has to be told that it ainŽt a perfect bare-metal-recovery-solution
right now, being limited by the way MS Windows handles files like the
registry, but for backing up decent amounts of user data it is definitely
worth a look.

Start at www.amanda.org, get your copy of the sources.
Read the manuals, try to set it up, then come back to the
amanda-users-mailing-list for anything missing.

regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger

mailto:monitor at oops.co.at