[Samba] Cannot access shares

Eduardo Sanchez esanchez at numar.net
Mon Nov 10 21:18:01 GMT 2003

Hi everybody!, I installed Samba w/Active Directory Support with the
instructions Ron Gage sent to the list yesterday, everything works fine,
I can join to the domain, if I make a wbinfo -u I can see the users of
the domain etc...
I start winbind with:

[root at Linux01 samba]# winbindd -i -s /etc/samba/smb.conf
winbindd version 3.0.0 started.
Copyright The Samba Team 2000-2003
Added domain NUMARDOM GRUPO.NUMAR.NET
krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
scanning trusted domain list
Added domain QUEPOS  S-1-5-21-1086925928-1616591249-2076119496
Added domain COTO  S-1-5-21-1675657023-1519021507-825688854
scanning trusted domain list
name_to_sid: mailman not found
user 'mailman' does not exist

And then it keeps saying that the user 'mailman' does not exist.
But samba is working, so i go with a WinXP machine and look at the
shares of the samba server through the network. I can see the shares but
when I tried to double click one of them I get the following from
winbindd logs:

user 'sj-EsancHez$' does not exist
user 'sj-EsanchEz$' does not exist

Sj-esanchez is the winxp machine name.

Here[1] is my smb.conf file, the share i'm trying to access is
[finanzas].
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated..
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
  -eduardo s.m.

[1]
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = NUMARDOM
        #Cambios en samba para soportar Active Directory
        realm = GRUPO.NUMAR.NET
        security = ADS
        password server = 192.168.0.12
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        os level = 10
        dns proxy = no
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = +
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        domain logons = yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c
'Maquina del dominio' -s /bin/false -M %u
        #
        netbios name = linux01
        server string = Linux - Servidor de Archivos
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
*passwd:		*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully
        unix password sync = Yes
        username level = 15
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0