[Samba] Newbie problem

Chris Gehlker chris at GCCodeFactory.biz
Mon Nov 10 18:31:57 GMT 2003

I'm trying to set up a Samba server following "Using Samba" pretty
religiously. I have compiled and installed version 3.0. Everything
works pretty much as expected until I try to make a Windows XP client a
domain member. Then when I put  in root in the Name Change dialog, it
get a user name could not be found error. But the XP client has no
trouble with root as a user name in workgroup mode.

I would really appreciate a clue as to what the problem is.
-Chris