[Samba] Winbindd+LDAP problem: Id mapping data is stored partially

Sergey Proskurnya macroprose at ukr.net
Mon Nov 10 13:40:19 GMT 2003

Hello to all,

I have installed Samba 3.0.0 PDC + OpenLDAP 2.1.
Additionally, I use "wbinfo -c" to create users
and winbindd + libnss_winbind.so to resolve these
users in Unix (SID <-> Unix id mapping).
But I have found that users' data, created by
"wbinfo -c" command, is not completely stored
in LDAP backed.
The "sambaUnixIdPool" objectclass is stored in LDAP,
but "sambaIdmapEntry" is not. Instead of, there is
a file "/var/locks/winbindd_idmap.tdb", which contains
actual SID<->uid mappings among with users' template
information (UNIX user's home, shell and etc).

The question: how can I get winbindd to store all
information in LDAP backend?

These are settings related to winbind:

winbind enable local accounts = yes
winbind separator=@
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://localhost:389/
idmap uid = 20000-30000
idmap gid = 20000-30000
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind enum users = yes