[Samba] Forcing Samba & Winbind to use port 139

T'Krin tkrin at tkrin.net
Mon Nov 10 13:26:26 GMT 2003

Hello.  I have a situation where I need to communicate with an NT server that is
behind a firewall, the admins of which will not allow port 445 traffic to pass
through.  With the setup I have, smbmount and smbclient literally take minutes
to issue back a response from said server unless I issue '-p 139', in which case
I get a response almost instantly.  My larger issue is getting winbind to use
139 instead of 445.  I can not enumerate the groups and users from that server.
 I even had the samba/winbind system become a member of that domain but the only
groups that will enumerate are those of the two other trusted domains.

Is there a way to make winbind use only 139?  I have looked at debugging and
what not and everything is hanging w/ communications to 445.  I have added

samba ports = 139

to my smb.conf but that has not done anything, although I did not expect it to,
as I believe it is for communications from others to itself?

Thanks all.

~T

---
   No one makes statues honoring critics.