[Samba] Problem with winbind and pam

Tilo Lutz TiloLutz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 10 10:02:40 GMT 2003

Hi

I'Ve set up winbind with Suse 9.0 and Samba 3.0.1
Everything i working fine exepct pam configuration
How can I use pam_winbind and pam_unix2 ?

> auth     sufficient     pam_winbind.so
> auth     required       pam_unix2.so    use_first_pass null_ok
unix-users can login with correct password. NT-users can
login with any password, even wrong passwords!

> auth     required       pam_winbind.so
> auth     required       pam_unix2.so    use_first_pass null_ok
unix-users can't login anymore

The example in samba howto us using "sufficient" but in my case
passwords aren't checked.

What is the correct setup to allow both, samba and unix users?
I think I noeed something like a x-or to link both lines together
but I don't have any idea how to do this.
Has anybody a hint fpr me?

Tilo