[Samba] OT: Work offer - SAMBA consultant required in

Dan Horth basic at nitro.com.au
Mon Nov 10 08:17:25 GMT 2003

-----Original Message-----

Andrew - thanks for those insights... now you see why I'm after a consultant to get me out of this mess! When it comes doen to it I'd be much happier kicking the AD / Win2K Server to the kerb... and going Samba all the way.

I currently have a very basic Samba 3 Setup going at the remote location - and am using a NTconfig.POL I generated to enforce certain policies on the clients. When it comes down to it we don't need to do anything overly complex - all we want is to have a consistent client experience going on, and a secure and reliable one at that.

I guess I overcomplicated my original request for help... to simplify it I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who:

a) understands where I'm trying to get to with our network setup
b) knows how to do it, while keeping us out of bill's pocket as much as possible, and is able to support development of worthy projects such as Linux and Samba.

Thanks!

- dan.