[Samba] special re-exporting smb share

Daniel Zeiss dzeiss at gwdg.de
Sun Nov 9 10:28:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

is it possible to mount a Windows-Share (read-write) from some NT4.0
server to my linux box and then re-export the directory as a samba share
with read-only permissions on some specific files and read-write
permissions on some other specific files and no permissions on the rest?
(I know how to do this with a native unix directory, with giving the
right unix permissions which samba respects but since I have an imported
directory - no clue)

How can that be done?

I need this to test a stupid windows program which runs in production,
resides on a WinNT4.0 Server share and needs read-write permission on
the share. As you can imagin it is easy for users to delete the program :-(
Since it runs in production I just have one client and my linux box to
test, so I want to re-export the share thru my linux box and then try to
set read-only on most of the files, so far that the windows program
still runs.

Thanks

Daniel