[Samba] samba 3 LDAP/PDC problem - adding WXP account

Tarjei Bitustøyl astaroth at uses.nofw.org
Sun Nov 9 09:26:20 GMT 2003

Ok, additional information:
I am using LDAP as a unix password backend, so I shouldn't be needing the
/etc/passwd for a machine account.
The smbldap-useradd.pl -w script adds an account correctly, and both
posixAccount and sambaSAMAccount is set. When this is done, I get again,
"access is denied" when I try to join the domain, with the valid SID user.
It doesn't seem to join correctly on the operation when it actually creates
the account, however I can see nothing wrong with the account itself. Here
is an auto-created account: (smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u)

dn: uid=main$,ou=Machines,o=AstarothInc,c=NO
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
cn: main$
sn: main$
uid: main$
uidNumber: 1003
gidNumber: 553
homeDirectory: /dev/null
loginShell: /bin/false

I have all the scripts in place, but manually only the add machine script
works. I don't think I need the others for the operation I am trying,
though.

The thing is, if I do have an account in /etc/passwd called "main$" when I
try to join, the auto-created ldap entry looks very very different:

dn: uid=main$,ou=Machines,o=AstarothInc,c=NO
uid: main$
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-2523409155-1094959098-2360343008-3006
sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-2523409155-1094959098-2360343008-1201
sambaAcctFlags: [W          ]
objectClass: sambaSamAccount
objectClass: account

The error upon joining is still the same, username could not be found;
however, subsequent attempts to join give the error "access is denied." I'm
going nuts.

Regards
Tarjei