[Samba] XP Pro machines cannot print or reconnect maps

Stephen A Readman newsgroups2003 at msrsolutions.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 00:31:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm fairly new to administering Samba, and I'm using the version that came
with RedHat 9.0, so here goes....

Using Window ME clients I can map drives to my home directory, access files
and print on the (server) printer.

However, using Windows XP Pro....
I can browse to the Samba server and map a drive and access files, but once
the XP machine is rebooted it fails to reconnect to the mapped drive.
The printer is visible and appears to accept print jobs (i.e no client
errors), however nothing prints out.

I've seen a couple of posts very similar to this one, but with no replies -
there must be people out there successully using Samba with XP!!

Thanks,

Stephen.

--
Stephen A Readman

e: stephen.readman at NOSPAMmsrsolutions.co.uk
w: www.msrsolutions.co.uk