[Samba] XP logins and Samba-3

Darin Bawden dbawden at teamdme.com
Fri Nov 7 21:55:02 GMT 2003

Afternoon everyone,
   I'm running RH 9.0 as a PDC with Samba 3.0.  I've set the smb.conf as
near identical as I can with my old redhat server, running samba 2.2.7.  In
the past, we were running W2K desktops/laptops.  Mobile users, when not
connected to the network, were still able to log into the "domain".  Now,
we're running XP Pro.  When the users log into the network, everything's
fine.  However, when not connected to the network, the users can't log into
the computer under their local, non-roaming profile.  The pop-up window
tells me the domain is not available.
	Could this problem be a result of using Samba-3 instead of 2.2.7?
If so, does anyone know of a way around this (besides reverting back to the
old version of Samba)?

Thanks

Darin