[Samba] Change samba and Unix password from Windows 98

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Nov 7 15:32:43 GMT 2003

Romildo,

Yes. This is possible. There are several ways this can be done.
Check the man pages for smb.conf. In particular you should check the
guidance on the smb.conf paramters:

	passwd chat
	unix password sync
	passwd program
	obey pam restrictions

Also check out the documentation on the PAM module pam_smbpasswd.so

These will give you some insight into the controls you may use.
When you get this configured correctly a user will be able press
Ctrl-Alt-Del on a workstation to change their password globally.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra