[Fwd: Re: [Samba] Samba + Radius]

Rogelio Dela Cruz ogie at sjcqc.edu.ph
Fri Nov 7 08:20:07 GMT 2003

Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba + Radius
From:    "Rogelio Dela Cruz" <ogie at sjcqc.edu.ph>
Date:    Thu, November 6, 2003 11:15 am
To:      "Dariush Forouher" <dariush at forouher.de>

Hi Dariush,

This is exactly what I want to do, pls. do. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Ogie.

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Rogelio Dela Cruz wrote:
>
>> Is there any possibility that I can configure Samba to authenticate to
a Radius server (FreeRadius)?  I want to do accounting stuff to the
Samba users.

> We do windows accounting via a small program which runs in background on
every client and reports logon and logoff times to a daemon process.
This daemon writes the information into an mysql database that is also
used by a parallel running radiusd. This way has the advantage that you
don't have to worry about a lot of false entries which would appear if
you log every auth attempt. I'll mail this stuff if this is what you are
looking for.