[Samba] Samba 3 and MMC (Microsoft Management Console)

Nils Kalchhauser nils.kalchhauser at vollwerbung.at
Thu Nov 6 21:29:36 GMT 2003

Hi!

the samba HOWTO collection says in chapter 5 that "Samba-3 supports the
use of the Microsoft Management Console for user management", however a
few lines further it says "MMC (Computer Management) Console can not be
used to manage a Samba-3 server".

now, is it possible to do user management with MMC? and if, how? the only
MMC user manager I can find is Active Directory Users and Groups and it
tells me, that it can not contact the domain controller.

thanks,
Nils