[Samba] CUPS vs lprng

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Thu Nov 6 20:55:14 GMT 2003

Could I get some opinions on which type of Samba based printing is
easier, CUPS or LPRNG, or just bybass Samba altogether.  I'm looking at
the Printing HOWTO by Kurt Pfeifle (Printing Support in Samba 3.0) and
both look really complex.  Anyone out there have any experience with
printing services in Samba?  Should I just stay away from samba printing
and go direct to Network printers? What are the advantages of a samba
print server as opposed to installing printer drivers on the client and
printing to a network printer?

Any opinions are appreciated

Regards

DSP