[Samba] File xfer speed issues with MacOS X 10.2 and 10.3

Mike Ely mike.ely at phoenix.k12.or.us
Thu Nov 6 19:24:56 GMT 2003

Well, it was worth a try anyhow =]

On Nov 6, 2003, at 11:22 AM, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

> Mike Ely said on Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:16:51AM -0800:
>> I might - for some reason, Apple has set the default MTU to be 1500 -
>> lower than other clients IIRC.  Try playing with that setting on the
>> client machines (on panther go to syspref, networks, built-in
>> ethernet,
>> ethernet, and click on the "configure manually" radio button) and set
>> the MTU to be a more binary-friendly value.  It might help - might not
>> as well.
>
> AFAIK, an MTU of 1500 is standard for ethernet.  At least, all of the
> systems
> here default to an MTU of 1500 (Linux, Windows, and MacOS X).  I don't
> think
> that's it.

> --

In my code I always put the constant on the lhs so that the difference
between the equality (==) and assignment (=) operator are caught by the
compiler by accident.

if ((options == (__WCLONE|__WALL)) && (current->uid = 0))

In this case, it would make an attempted root hole more visible, as (0
= current->uid) would not compile.
***
Ripped from an AC post at /.

---