[Samba] Problem with HPDJ1120C

Mieczys?aw Kozielski mkoziel at mobileis.com.pl
Thu Nov 6 12:56:23 GMT 2003

1.   Under linux, printer work perfectly, there is no problem - with
driver hpijs
2.   For windows host i've use driver supplied in Win2K, and it work
o.k. when printer is connected localy.

3.   To use printer i've first install it on Win2K host, then get from
there files to linux pc, add driver, set driver
       and now, on any new pc driver is installed from linux pc.

4. Part of smb.conf

[global]
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes
    printing = cups
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
[printers]
    comment = Drukarki na FileServer
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no

    guest ok = yes
    printable = yes
    printer admin = root

[print$]
    comment        = Printer Driver Download Area
    path        = /etc/samba/drivers
    browsable        = yes
    guest ok        = yes
    read only        = yes
    write list        = root

Where i can found out logs with printing errors ??

....one more thing is, that when i've use generic driver for hp's it
work ok, but only black&white

MIKE